L'Alliance
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

L'Alliance

Forum de l'Alliance

AccueilRechercherDernières imagesS'enregistrerConnexion
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Bon plan achat en duo : 2ème robot cuiseur Moulinex Companion ...
600 €
Voir le deal

pEiryss face eEiryss

AuteurMessage
GRIFFE

GRIFFE

pEiryss face eEiryss Empty
MessageSujet: pEiryss face eEiryss   pEiryss face eEiryss Icon_minitimeJeu 25 Mar - 9:38

Privateer Press Forums

Why would you pick one over the other?

I would say the decision is if you're playing Hordes or WM. Vs Hordes, pEiryss is much less effective than eEiryss.

Big differences:

- pEiryss has the different bolt options. In general, she's able to plink for 3 with Death Bolt, ignore LOS/cover/concealment, or cause hard disruption (loss of focus and no regen for a round).
- pEiryss has Tech. Intolerance, which limits her ability to move near your warjacks.

vs.

- eEiryss has upkeep clearance and disruption as a "always on" on her bow. She can clear focus, not the enemy will regenerate it next turn. She also has sniper.
- eEiryss has Tech. Interference, which is a 5" aura of "no allocation" to warjacks.

Generally speaking, if you're looking for upkeep clearnce/the ability to screw with warjacks receiving focus, go for eEiryss. If you're looking for a stronger Sniper (especially in tandem with Kell, Ghost Snipers, etc.) or for hard disruption - go with pEiryss.

McNs is offline Reply With Quote

Big differences:

- pEiryss has the different bolt options. In general, she's able to plink for 3 with Death Bolt, ignore LOS/cover/concealment, or cause hard disruption (loss of focus and no regen for a round).

- eEiryss has upkeep clearance and disruption as a "always on" on her bow. She can clear focus, and Disrupt warjacks, but she won't prevent warcasters from regenerating focus the following turn.. She also has sniper.

- pEiryss has Tech. Intolerance, which limits her ability to move near your warjacks. (Non Myrmidon)

- eEiryss has Tech. Interference, which is a 5" aura of "no allocation (Non Myrmidon)" to warjacks.
Fixed because I love to over-specify.

I always have and I always will prefer nEiryss. There's just something... classic about her that I really like. Yes, the non-allocation and upkeep removal on eEiryss are nice... and have bit me in the bottom before... but the options of the different bolts for nEiryss are just too much to overcome, if you ask me.

You can either do auto-3 damage, which, teamed up with Widowmakers, has been taking off Warjack arms for years. Or you can shoot reguardless of LOS, which is never, ever a bad thing. Or you can use one shot that has been called "Broken!" for 7+ years in Disruptor Bolt.

PB

At first I prefered nEiryss. Her disruptor bolt can end games. In Mark I I did not field alot of jacks so her issue with warjacks being nearby was not a major issue.

Though since Mark II started I have switched to eEiryss when I take her. The reason really boils down to one thing, Upkeep removal. Mercs and my Cygnar don't have ways to remove upkeeps outside of killing their source. The sheer amount of Iron Flesh I started seeing in MkII made all the difference. Turning defense 17 Winterguard back to 14's *due to Bob and Weave* makes a big difference in trying to kill them. Same for picking the spell and Defender's Ward off casters when I am trying to kill them. In the end the Upkeep removal earned her a place over nEiryss.

Though her ability to prevent arcnode channeling and allocating Focus has helped in some games. I have shut down two assassin run with jacks because they could not get focus and several times she has shut down a whole jack group but stopping focus and disrupting one outside of her 5".

I am with Polar Bear on this one. I have been playing the game for a long time, and pEiryss will always have a place in my army lists. I still have the very first one of her that I picked up and painted.

Plus, I like her ability to threaten a Warcaster with disruption bolt. Normally I use her as a solo hunter and go from there.

Was it over when the Germans Bombed Pearl Harbor!?

I will always take eEiryss. Upkeep hate is such a huge factor in this game, and the ability to screw over your opponent's 'jacks for a turn rocks. Disruptor Bolt is nice, as is Death Bolt if you have the Sniper Squad, but other than that I'll take eEiryss every time; she does so much more.

Do I have bragging rights for having used Eyriss maybe twice in my nearly two years of Warmachine experience?

Only if I can brag about only using her maybe 5 times in the past 5 years or so.

PB

High-five!

Though I have to admit, I seriously want to purchase eEyriss and get used to running her along-side a Marshal's flank (out of the way of caster 'jacks). The only reason I haven't proxied her is because I never proxy/borrow models. my pEyriss I aquired from someone who just couldn't stay in the game, and until I get her stripped, re-painted, and replace her crossbow arm which the model came without, I am never putting her on the table again.

I've never used either version of her although right now the urge to add E. Eiryss is pretty strong. Must. Not. Give. In.

Put me down for not using Eiryss much. The Upkeep hate is cool though.

If you have other means of upkeep removal then pEiryss is fine.

If not, eEiryss is just much more important. That upkeep removal can be so important.

I have used pEiryss once. Because I got the NQ model so I thought I really should.

I'm an eEryss fan, because upkeep removal is not something Mercs have access to. Plus, you can park her near enemy jacks, and neuter them with no allocation, and there's no way for them to ignore that.

I like using her as an arc node for Fiona, because with her Stealth, she's hard to get rid of. And if they run an arcnode to within 5" of her to ignore the stealth, her Tech Interferance shuts that down.

I think eEryss is more utility, and pEryss is more 'killy'.

I think eEryss is more utility, and pEryss is more 'killy'.
This

Epic Eiryss is in most of my lists when I play in tournaments. Even if I have to shoot my own guy, dispelling Crippling Grasp from a high cost unit is worth it.

I'm thinking of using the non-epic incarnation of Eiryss in more of my lists; especially since I'm expanding my Merc army and starting a Retribution one on the side. Eiryss the Mage Hunter is just such an iconic character in the IK setting, and now that her Epic form seems to be growing more popular I won't feel quite so guilty about using her Razz And I also prefer 'more killy' over 'utility', in this case.

I'm just really hoping I can get the spiffy NQ exclusive version mailed to Australia, because I like that sculpt so much better than the original.

pEiryss face eEiryss
Page 1 sur 1